The Power of Written by
Appearance: Upgrade Your Look and Your Life!
Have you taken a moment lately to upgrade your look? When is the last time you thought about this topic? Believe it or not, our appearance is a powerful communication tool, sending messages to every person we meet. When it is a good impression we seek to make, especially in business, it is important to consider how we may be perceived by others. Every person is very influenced by the visual impression of people they are meeting for the first time. If you have not thought about your appearance, are you allowing the stress of running your own business take over your day to day life? Are you in a line of work that gets you excited to wake up in the morning? These are important questions because your appearance is both an inner and outer reflection of your total self.
When we speak of your appearance, we are not only speaking of your ‘look.’ We are speaking of matching you inner beauty with your outer beauty! Self confidence, happiness, passion, purpose, creativity and love all stem from knowing who you are and what your core values are. When you are confident in who you are and what your gifts are, there is a sense of wanting to look and feel your best! Upgrading your look does not have to be viewed as a daunting task. On the contrary, if you shift your perspective, it can also be a time to reinvent yourself! There are several questions to start thinking about. Have you ever put yourself first? No, we don’t mean cutting the woman in front of you at Bloomingdale’s for the last D&G dress in your size. We mean, do you take care of your needs so that you are in a place to prioritize you, the people most important in your life, and your business? Have you ever had big dreams and put them on the backburner to please your partner, parents, kids, or friends?
To put this all together when you are looking to upgrade your look, it is a time to check to see if you are living a life that makes you excited to be alive! Please answer this question in a yes or no format: Do you want to be the star in your own life?
If no – This article may be boring to you, please go ahead and browse the latest golf trends.
If yes – Fabulous! Please proceed.
Do you want to know what it will take to begin your journey to upgrading your look and your life? We like to see it as Beauty Confidence. Beauty can be broken down into 3 areas: beauty-skincare, mindset, and relational skills with others. In our consulting practice, 3D Beauty Consulting, we take the time to work with women on ramping up their personal style, their passion barometer and on developing an incredible relationship with the most important person you will know in your life; yourself. When you take these three areas and combine them into one, you get the force that drives your everyday life! The power of appearance is about shining your light out into the world brightly; doing what you love and doing it so well that people cannot help but notice you. By upgrading your sense of self, you naturally take your life into the direction of your dreams.
Here are the three areas to review while upgrading your look and your life!
We have found over the years, that women are either captivated with or completely scared off by cosmetics because they think it is “too much” work. What women really want to learn is how they can look like themselves, only prettier and more confident. If there is anything to stress, it is that makeup should be looked at as fun, exploratory and a way to tap into your creativity.
One of the secrets to great makeup starts with healthy, smooth, glowing skin. You see, once you realize that beauty does really begin “skin deep’, it will get easier. Your skin is the largest, organ on your body, and it needs to be pampered. Taking care of your skin is one of the most powerful weapons in the fight to prevent skin damage and fend off signs of aging. By taking proper care of your skin, you are on your way to creating a beautiful canvas. “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder” We have all heard this saying, right? However, what does this actually mean? It is what you want it to mean. Get started owning your beauty the way you define it.
II. Mindset Tools for Creating the Life of Your Dreams
These six key thoughts can help determine where you may be able to strengthen your focus on your upgraded look and life:
1. Inner motivation - What motivates you? Take the time to check if you are satisfied with the way you spend your time. Whether it be building a business, raising a family, focusing on your health or all three!
2. The value of high standards - You have to shoot for the moon and land among the stars. The bar needs to be raised, and in order to grow you need to challenge yourself.
3. Break goals into manageable pieces - If a weight loss plan is a part of looking and feeling your best to enhance your powerful appearance, break down your goals into manageable pieces. For example, if you would like to lose 25 pounds, create a plan to take off the first 10 pounds then reassess and continue. By doing so, you are rewarding yourself throughout the journey and focusing on what is working instead of how far you have to go.
4. Have a flexible timeframe - No rigidness, be gentle with yourself and realize we all live in shades of gray; nothing is black and white. If you fall off the horse, saddle back on and continue again where you left off.
5. Be Accountable - Ownership for yourself and your actions is a strong step toward upgrading your look and your life because if you want to change any area in your life, you need to remind yourself that you are in the driver’s seat; this helps immensely with cultivating self confidence.
6. Self-to-Self Comparison - Stop looking at other women as the definition of beautiful. Look at your favorite features of yourself and play them up! Feeling beautiful is just as important as looking good because you can make a very strong impression on others by owning your personal power.
III. Cultivating Your Relationship Skills: Your relationship with yourself is the most important relationship you will ever have in your life. As women, we tend to neglect ourselves because we are too busy taking care of everyone else. It is true women are the multi-taskers of the world and the Velcro of the universe. We take care of everything! It is so important to learn what it is that you need in your life to keep you content, balanced and well. We didn’t say want… we said need.
In conclusion, the clothes we wear, our hair styles, our posture, the sound of our voice, and the gestures we use when communicating, all aid in creating an image that shows others who we are. More importantly, it is honoring who you are from your core that positions you to make your best impression to others. The power of your appearance lies in living a life of total satisfaction on the inside and out. You can upgrade your look and your life by putting yourself first, owning your beauty confidence, using your mindset tools and honoring the relationship you have with you. Get on a proper skincare regimen, learn to enhance your morning makeup habits, take pride in your personal grooming habits and make sure you honor your temple by incorporating a physical exercise program in your life. A healthy body and strong mind equals a more confident you. The power of your appearance is about who you are, what your values are, and how you wish to contribute by sharing your unique gifts. People can pick up on positive people and trust us, the world needs more positive, healthy and happy people. The time is now and it starts with you.